Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Pediatric Nurse Certification Examination. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to Pediatric Nursing Certification Board® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Pediatric Nurse Certification Examination.
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required
We have 913 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 511 PubMed indexed review articles related to the CPN® Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Certified Pediatric Nurse subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Pediatric Nurse Certification Examination to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls PED-BC™ Examination will help you achieve a top score on the CPN® Examination. 568 authors and 7 editors have contributed to the development of the Pediatric Nurse Certification Examination content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Pediatric Nurse Certification Examination Overview
How many hours is the Pediatric Nurse Certification Examination?
The Pediatric Nurse Certification Examination is 3 hours.
How many questions is the Pediatric Nurse Certification Examination?
The Pediatric Nurse Certification Examination is 175 questions.
What topics are covered on the Pediatric Nurse Certification Examination?
Topics include: Assessment - 38%, Health Promotion - 14%, and Management - 48%
Pediatric Nurse Certification Examination MCQs (913)
Our question bank for the Pediatric Nurse Certification Examination covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 55 questions
- Cardiovascular - 58 questions
- Connective Tissue - 7 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 79 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 63 questions
- Eyes - 11 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 99 questions
- Genetics - 46 questions
- Genitourinary - 39 questions
- Growth and Development - 178 questions
- Gynecologic - 13 questions
- Hematologic - 59 questions
- Infectious - 258 questions
- Integument - 93 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 46 questions
- Nervous - 120 questions
- Nutrition - 49 questions
- Obstetric - 16 questions
- Oncologic - 19 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 71 questions
- Pulmonary - 114 questions
- Renal - 25 questions
- Surgery - 20 questions
- Toxicology - 18 questions
- Trauma - 67 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 39 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 63 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 173 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 20 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 100 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 33 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 431 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 67 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 562 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 16 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 40 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 73 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 14 questions
- Causes - 313 questions
- Classification - 68 questions
- Differential - 227 questions
- Epidemiology - 33 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 59 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 63 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 53 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 12 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 27 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 89 questions
- History Physical - 834 questions
- Legal - 27 questions
- Pathophysiology - 385 questions
- Patient Education - 201 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 263 questions
- Toxicology - 7 questions
- Treatment Medical - 252 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 8 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 12 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 2 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 26 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 24 questions
- Clinical Education - 6 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 34 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 11 questions
- Drug Information - 25 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 14 questions
Pediatric Nurse Certification Examination Articles (511)
Fluoxetine has FDA-approval for major depressive disorder (age eight and older), obsessive-compulsive disorder (age seven and older), pan ...
Rhesus (Rh) incompatibility refers to the discordant pairing of maternal and fetal Rh types. It is associated with the development of maternal Rh s ...
Epiglottitis is an inflammatory condition, usually infectious in origin, of the epiglottis and nearby structures like the arytenoids, aryepiglottic ...
Iron has an essential physiologic role, as it is involved in oxygen transportation and energy formation. The body cannot synthesize iron and must a ...
Penetrating brain injury (PBI) is a traumatic brain injury (TBI) which is a significant cause of mortality in young individuals. PBI includes all t ...