Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to NCLEX-RN® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam.
About the Question Bank
We have 1,851 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 1,173 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Test. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® nursing student subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls adult medical surgical questions will help you achieve a top score on the Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Test. 1,183 authors and 22 editors have contributed to the development of the Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam Overview
How many hours is the Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam?
The Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam is hours.
How many questions is the Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam?
The Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam is questions.
What topics are covered on the Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam?
Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam MCQs (1,851)
Our question bank for the Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 58 questions
- Cardiovascular - 708 questions
- Connective Tissue - 36 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 88 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 366 questions
- Eyes - 38 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 388 questions
- Genetics - 5 questions
- Genitourinary - 124 questions
- Growth and Development - 2 questions
- Gynecologic - 75 questions
- Hematologic - 218 questions
- Infectious - 395 questions
- Integument - 186 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 208 questions
- Nervous - 444 questions
- Nutrition - 94 questions
- Obstetric - 46 questions
- Oncologic - 105 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 130 questions
- Pulmonary - 342 questions
- Renal - 156 questions
- Surgery - 295 questions
- Toxicology - 122 questions
- Trauma - 215 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 282 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 294 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 668 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 212 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 746 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 547 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 1541 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 120 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 2293 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 23 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 74 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 160 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 20 questions
- Causes - 1159 questions
- Classification - 132 questions
- Differential - 594 questions
- Epidemiology - 56 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 254 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 502 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 311 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 2 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 199 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 190 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 159 questions
- History Physical - 2421 questions
- Legal - 56 questions
- Pathophysiology - 1093 questions
- Patient Education - 301 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 1042 questions
- Toxicology - 76 questions
- Treatment Medical - 1340 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 39 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 26 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 3 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 21 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 153 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 96 questions
- Clinical Education - 22 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 149 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 30 questions
- Drug Information - 203 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 100 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 12 questions
Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam Articles (1,173)
Bacterial vaginosis is a condition caused by an overgrowth of normal vaginal flora. Most commonly ...
Otalgia (ear pain) divides into two broad categories: primary and secondary otalgia. Primary otalgia is ear pain that arises directly from pat ...
Salicylates have been derived from the willow tree bark. The Sumerians were noted to have used remedies derived from the willow tree for ...
At a time when so many people are taking large amounts of supplements, niacin toxicity is something of which to be aware. Niacin, also known a ...
Hypercapnia, a state of elevated serum carbon dioxide (CO2), can manifest as a broad spectrum of disease, the most severe of which is CO2 narcosis. ...
Pulmonary function tests (PFTs) allows physicians to evaluate the respiratory function of their patients. They are reproducible and accurate. Ultim ...
Body mass index (BMI) is a quotient that has been in use since the mid-19th century. It is used to identify adults and adolescents that have an abn ...
Acute diverticulitis is inflammation due to micro-perforation of a diverticulum. The diverticulum is a sac-like protrusion of the colon wall. Diver ...
Shellfish reactions can occur as a result of immune system-mediated effects and also through non-immunological processes. It is important to d ...
Diabetes insipidus (DI) is a disease process that results in either decreased release of or response to antidiuretic hormone (ADH, also known as va ...
The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute defines asthma as a chronic inflammatory disorder. Many cells including mast cells, eosinophils, macr ...
Cocaine hydrochloride topical solution contains 4% cocaine and the following inactive ingredients: citric acid, D and C Yellow No. 10, FD and C Gre ...
Active tuberculosis is a multiorgan disease caused by primary infection or as a reactivation of latent tuberculosis. Accordingly, active tuberculos ...
Shock refers to the inadequate perfusion of tissues due to the imbalance between oxygen demand of tissues and the body’s ability to supply it ...
Total hip arthroplasty (THA) is one of the most cost-effective and consistently successful surgeries performed in orthopaedics
Marie Amma MSN Nova Southeastern University Anderson SC
Jennifer M Barrow MSN Assistant Professor of Nursing McNeese State University Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) DeQuincy LA
Darcy Duncan DNP, RN Assistant Professor East Central University CPN Sulphur OK
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required