Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the NBDHE® Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the National Board Dental Hygiene Examination (NBDHE®) topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the NBDHE® Exam.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 551 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 150 PubMed indexed review articles related to the NBDHE® Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical NBDHE® Hygienist Student Exam subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a pre- and post-test NBDHE® Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls NBDHE® practice exam questions will help you achieve a top score on the NBDHE® Examination. 150 authors and 2 editors have contributed to the development of the NBDHE® Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
NBDHE® Exam Overview
How many hours is the NBDHE® Exam?
The NBDHE® Exam is 7.5 hours.
How many questions is the NBDHE® Exam?
The NBDHE® Exam is 350 questions.
What topics are covered on the NBDHE® Exam?
Topics include: The scientific basis for Dental Hygiene Practice, Provision of Clinical Dental Hygiene Services, and Community health/Research Principles
NBDHE® Exam MCQs (551)
Our question bank for the NBDHE® Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 7 questions
- Cardiovascular - 12 questions
- Connective Tissue - 22 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 184 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 7 questions
- Eyes - 1 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 12 questions
- Genetics - 2 questions
- Genitourinary - 1 questions
- Growth and Development - 18 questions
- Hematologic - 7 questions
- Infectious - 73 questions
- Dermatology - 24 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 29 questions
- Nervous - 29 questions
- Nutrition - 14 questions
- Oncologic - 11 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 7 questions
- Pulmonary - 6 questions
- Renal - 1 questions
- Surgery - 8 questions
- Toxicology - 4 questions
- Trauma - 26 questions
- Teeth/Oral - 344 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 24 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 2 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 5 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 6 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 2 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 62 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 5 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 76 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 11 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 5 questions
- Causes - 156 questions
- Classification - 65 questions
- Differential - 118 questions
- Epidemiology - 18 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 60 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 19 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 3 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 36 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 56 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 12 questions
- History Physical - 331 questions
- Legal - 26 questions
- Pathophysiology - 265 questions
- Patient Education - 18 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 101 questions
- Toxicology - 9 questions
- Treatment Medical - 85 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 2 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 2 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 9 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 41 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 24 questions
- Clinical Education - 10 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 6 questions
- Drug Information - 6 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 4 questions
NBDHE® Exam Articles (150)
Biopsies are essential procedures for any practitioner caring for patients with head and neck pathology. Before performing a biopsy, a comprehensiv ...
Dental caries is a dynamic process that involves susceptible tooth surfaces, cariogenic bacteria, mainly a ...
Hypoglycemia is often defined by a plasma glucose concentration below 70 mg/dL; however, signs and symptoms may not occur until plasma gl ...
The immune system plays a crucial role in maintaining health and protecting the human body against microbial invasions. However, this same system c ...
Glucose is a 6-carbon structure with the chemical formula C6H12O6. It is a ubiquitous source of energy for every organism in the world and is essen ...