Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the NHA® Phlebotomy Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to National Phlebotomy Certification Examination®, National Healthcareer Association Phlebotomy Technician Certification®, and ASCP® Board of Certification content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the NHA® Phlebotomy Exam.
We have 270 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 140 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Phlebotomist Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Phlebotomy Technician subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test NHA® Phlebotomy Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls Phlebotomy practice test will help you achieve a top score on the Phlebotomist Examination. 170 authors and 5 editors have contributed to the development of the NHA® Phlebotomy Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
NHA® Phlebotomy Exam Overview
How many hours is the NHA® Phlebotomy Exam?
The NHA® Phlebotomy Exam is 2 hours.
How many questions is the NHA® Phlebotomy Exam?
The NHA® Phlebotomy Exam is 80 questions.
What topics are covered on the NHA® Phlebotomy Exam?
Topics include: Circulatory System: 5-10%, Specimen Collection: 45-50%, Handling and Transport: 15-20%, Point-of-Care Testing: 5-10%, Non-blood Specimens: 5-10%, and Laboratory Operations: 15-20%
NHA® Phlebotomy Exam MCQs (270)
Our question bank for the NHA® Phlebotomy Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 4 questions
- Cardiovascular - 42 questions
- Connective Tissue - 3 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 1 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 28 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 17 questions
- Genetics - 2 questions
- Genitourinary - 3 questions
- Growth and Development - 2 questions
- Hematologic - 134 questions
- Infectious - 47 questions
- Integument - 12 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 5 questions
- Nervous - 3 questions
- Obstetric - 1 questions
- Oncologic - 2 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 1 questions
- Pulmonary - 10 questions
- Renal - 4 questions
- Surgery - 4 questions
- Toxicology - 1 questions
- Trauma - 8 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 11 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 11 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 16 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 3 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 50 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 1 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 66 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 5 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 5 questions
- Causes - 6 questions
- Classification - 19 questions
- Differential - 8 questions
- Epidemiology - 7 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 22 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 105 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 3 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 19 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 24 questions
- History Physical - 45 questions
- Legal - 8 questions
- Pathophysiology - 48 questions
- Patient Education - 3 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 30 questions
- Toxicology - 1 questions
- Treatment Medical - 21 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 1 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 2 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 12 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 2 questions
- Drug Information - 1 questions
NHA® Phlebotomy Exam Articles (140)
Glomerular filtration rate (GFR) represents the flow of plasma from the glomerulus into Bowman’s space over a specified period and is the chi ...
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) are the regulating bodies of infection control, ...
Atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD) is one of the worldwide leading cause of cardiovascular morbidity and mortality. In 2013 corona ...
International normalized ratio (INR) is the preferred test of choice for patients taking vitamin K antagonists (VKA). It can also be used ...
Tuberculosis (TB) is an ancient human disease caused by which mainly affects the lungs, making pulmonary diseas ...
CK-MB is an isoenzyme of creatine kinase. Creatine kinase dephosphorylates creatine phosphate to creatine, providing the energy required for A ...
The thyroid is an endocrine gland. Its location is in the inferior, anterior neck, and it is responsible for the formation and secretion of th ...
The musculoskeletal system comprises one of the major tissue/organ systems in the body. The three main types of muscle tissue are skeletal, cardiac ...
Partial thromboplastin time (PTT) is the time it takes for a patient's blood to form a clot as measured in seconds. It is used to measure the activ ...
Blood vessels are fundamental components of the cardiovascular system, responsible for the dynamic transportation of matter and ...
Bacteremia, in the strictest sense, refers to viable bacteria in the blood. Asymptomatic bacteremia can occur in normal daily activities such as co ...
Erythropoietin (EPO) is a glycoprotein hormone, naturally produced by the peritubular cells of the kidney, that stimulates red blood cell productio ...
Nosocomial infections also referred to as healthcare-associated infections (HAI), are infection(s) acquired during the proce ...
Rectal bleeding, or hematochezia, is a frequently encountered problem in the outpatient setting. It can herald a pathology in the proximal lower ga ...
Hemophilia B, also known as Christmas disease, is the second most common type of hemophilia. The disease was named after Stephen Christma ...
Carrie J Smith BA, MT, ASCP North Colorado Medical Center, Greeley, Colorado Minneapolis MN
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required