Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Technologist in Microbiology Certification Examination. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to ASCP Board of Certification® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Technologist in Microbiology Certification Examination.
About the Question Bank
We have 281 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 187 PubMed indexed review articles related to the ASCP® Microbiology Practice Exam. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Technologist in Microbiology subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Technologist in Microbiology Certification Examination to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls Technologist in Microbiology questions will help you achieve a top score on the ASCP® Microbiology Practice Exam. 187 authors and 8 editors have contributed to the development of the Technologist in Microbiology Certification Examination content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Technologist in Microbiology Certification Examination Overview
How many hours is the Technologist in Microbiology Certification Examination?
The Technologist in Microbiology Certification Examination is 2.5 hours.
How many questions is the Technologist in Microbiology Certification Examination?
The Technologist in Microbiology Certification Examination is 100 questions.
What topics are covered on the Technologist in Microbiology Certification Examination?
Topics include: Preanalytic Procedures: 5-15%, Analytic Procedures for Bacteriology: 30-45%, Analytic Procedures for Mycobacteriology, Virology, Parasitology, and Mycology: 20-40%, and Laboratory Operations: 10-25%
Technologist in Microbiology Certification Examination MCQs (281)
Our question bank for the Technologist in Microbiology Certification Examination covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 8 questions
- Cardiovascular - 2 questions
- Connective Tissue - 5 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 12 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 1 questions
- Eyes - 2 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 55 questions
- Genetics - 10 questions
- Genitourinary - 18 questions
- Gynecologic - 5 questions
- Hematologic - 23 questions
- Infectious - 300 questions
- Integument - 26 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 11 questions
- Nervous - 13 questions
- Obstetric - 1 questions
- Oncologic - 5 questions
- Pulmonary - 23 questions
- Renal - 5 questions
- Surgery - 4 questions
- Toxicology - 2 questions
- Trauma - 6 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 12 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 21 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 26 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 6 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 3 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 90 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 127 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 8 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 5 questions
- Causes - 114 questions
- Classification - 41 questions
- Differential - 74 questions
- Epidemiology - 19 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 117 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 163 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 7 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 19 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 8 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 27 questions
- History Physical - 201 questions
- Legal - 7 questions
- Pathophysiology - 175 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 42 questions
- Toxicology - 2 questions
- Treatment Medical - 16 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 4 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 13 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 2 questions
- Drug Information - 4 questions
Technologist in Microbiology Certification Examination Articles (187)
Diphyllobothriasis represents an intestinal parasitic zoonotic infection caused by the cestode .
The chain of custody is the most critical process of evidence documentation. It is a must to assure the court of law that the evidence is authentic ...
Hepatitis B viral infection is a serious global healthcare problem. It is a potentially life-threatening liver infection caused by the hepatitis B ...
() is a gram-negative bacillus known to be a part of normal intestinal flora but can also be the cause of ...
Arboviruses, also known as arthropod-borne viruses, refer to a diverse group of viruses that are transmitted via mosquitos, ticks, or sandflies.
Botulism is a rare but potentially fatal syndrome of diffuse, flaccid paralysis caused by botulinum neurotoxin (BoNT), an exo neurotoxin elabo ...
Giardiasis is an enteric infection caused by the protozoa . A common disease in low-resource settings, it often pre ...
Medical Histology is the microscopic study of tissues and organs through sectioning, staining, and examining those sections under a microscope. Oft ...
Bacterial species have different coping mechanisms with selective harsh environmental conditions. One of the most common coping mechanisms for bact ...
Gas gangrene is synonymous with myonecrosis and is a highly lethal infection of deep soft tissue, caused by species, with
The majority of infectious diseases are bacterial in origin. With the discovery of laboratory methods to grow these microorganisms using appropriat ...
is a member of a monophyletic genus of fungi normally found on human and animal skin. These lipid-dependent, commensal y ...
Bacteremia, in the strictest sense, refers to viable bacteria in the blood. Asymptomatic bacteremia can occur in normal daily activities such as co ...
Myocarditis is an inflammatory process of the myocardium. It can present as an acute, subacute, or chronic disease process and may present with eit ...
Carrie J Smith BA, MT, ASCP Minneapolis MN
Larissa G Brailey BS, MT Instructor Medical Laboratory Scientist Palmetto Health Richland Irmo SC
Adel Malek PhD Memorial University NA NL
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required