Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Technologist in Microbiology Certification Examination. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to ASCP Board of Certification® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Technologist in Microbiology Certification Examination.
We have 249 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 150 PubMed indexed review articles related to the ASCP® Microbiology Practice Exam. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Technologist in Microbiology subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Technologist in Microbiology Certification Examination to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls Technologist in Microbiology questions will help you achieve a top score on the ASCP® Microbiology Practice Exam. 156 authors and 9 editors have contributed to the development of the Technologist in Microbiology Certification Examination content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Technologist in Microbiology Certification Examination Overview
How many hours is the Technologist in Microbiology Certification Examination?
The Technologist in Microbiology Certification Examination is 2.5 hours.
How many questions is the Technologist in Microbiology Certification Examination?
The Technologist in Microbiology Certification Examination is 100 questions.
What topics are covered on the Technologist in Microbiology Certification Examination?
Topics include: Preanalytic Procedures: 5-15%, Analytic Procedures for Bacteriology: 30-45%, Analytic Procedures for Mycobacteriology, Virology, Parasitology, and Mycology: 20-40%, and Laboratory Operations: 10-25%
Technologist in Microbiology Certification Examination MCQs (249)
Our question bank for the Technologist in Microbiology Certification Examination covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 3 questions
- Cardiovascular - 1 questions
- Connective Tissue - 4 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 16 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 1 questions
- Eyes - 1 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 45 questions
- Genetics - 2 questions
- Genitourinary - 20 questions
- Gynecologic - 6 questions
- Hematologic - 19 questions
- Infectious - 272 questions
- Integument - 22 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 7 questions
- Nervous - 11 questions
- Obstetric - 1 questions
- Oncologic - 4 questions
- Pulmonary - 23 questions
- Renal - 5 questions
- Surgery - 4 questions
- Toxicology - 2 questions
- Trauma - 6 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 12 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 23 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 25 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 6 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 3 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 101 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 135 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 8 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 4 questions
- Causes - 92 questions
- Classification - 26 questions
- Differential - 52 questions
- Epidemiology - 16 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 101 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 152 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 4 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 14 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 3 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 29 questions
- History Physical - 160 questions
- Legal - 7 questions
- Pathophysiology - 134 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 33 questions
- Toxicology - 2 questions
- Treatment Medical - 15 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 4 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 12 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 1 questions
- Drug Information - 3 questions
Technologist in Microbiology Certification Examination Articles (150)
Laboratory tube collection is a process applied when withdrawing blood samples from patients before they get tested in the laboratory. It foll ...
Cat scratch disease (Cat scratch fever) causes a febrile illness with subacute regional lymphadenopathy. The agent of infection is
The term kissing bug is a colloquial term that refers to a variety of species of insects in the family (triatomines) that comm ...
, part of the family of bacilli, is a gram-negative, facultative anaerobe with an ability&nbs ...
Medical ethics is a required element of American physicians' formal training. Familiarity with ethical principles on a basic level is necessar ...
Cholera is an acute secretory diarrheal illness caused by the bacteria . It is estimated to cause upwards of four million c ...
Globally, pneumonia is a leading cause of morbidity and mortality in children younger than the age of 5 years.
Group A streptococci (GAS) are one of the most common bacteria encountered daily, and they result in acute infections with a wide array of manifest ...
Since ancient times, children around the world have been afflicted with cystic fibrosis that leads to shortened lifespans. In medieval Europe, thes ...
Acne fulminans or acne maligna is a rare skin disorder presenting as an acute, painful, ulcerating, and hemorrhagic clinical form of acne. It ...
Genomes of bacteria exist on a single double-stranded circular DNA molecule that contains approximately 4000 kb of DNA and are regulated by operons ...
Shigellosis is a form of bacterial diarrhea caused by gram-negative bacteria species. It is common in developing countr ...
The Human Papillomavirus (HPV) is the initiating force behind multiple epithelial lesions and cancers, predominantly cutaneous and mucosal surfaces ...
Terrorism is the intentional use of indiscriminate violence to create fear and terror as a means to achieve an ideological, financial, religious, o ...
Carrie J Smith BA, MT, ASCP North Colorado Medical Center, Greeley, Colorado Minneapolis MN
Larissa G Brailey BS, MT Instructor Medical Laboratory Scientist Palmetto Health Richland Irmo SC
Adel Malek PhD Memorial University NA NL
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required