Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Internal Medicine Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the American Board of Internal Medicine®, American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine®; and The European Board of Internal Medicine topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Internal Medicine Exam.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 6,682 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 2,981 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Internal Medicine Examination . You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Internal Medicine Board Certified Physician subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a pre- and post-test Internal Medicine Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls internal medicine prep questions, internal medicine review questions, and internal medicine test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Internal Medicine Examination . 2,424 authors and 33 editors have contributed to the development of the Internal Medicine Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Internal Medicine Exam Overview
How many hours is the Internal Medicine Exam?
The Internal Medicine Exam is AOA® - 7 and ABIM® - 10 hours.
How many questions is the Internal Medicine Exam?
The Internal Medicine Exam is AOA® - 320 and ABIM® 240 questions.
What topics are covered on the Internal Medicine Exam?
Topics include: Allergy/Immunology: 1-5%, Cardiovascular disease: 10-14%, Endocrinology: 7-11%, Hematology: 4-8%, Gastroenterology: 9-13%, Oncology: 6-10%, Nephrology/Hypertension: 8-12%, Rheumatology: 6-10%, Pulmonary diseases: 9-13%, Infectious disease: 8-12%, Dermatology: 1-4%, Otorhinolaryngology: 1-4%, Neurology: 2-6%, Ophthalmology: 1-4%, Psychiatry: 1-4%, Miscellaneous: 1-4%, Adolescent medicine: 1-4%, Bioethics: 1-4%, Critical care medicine: 1-4%, Clinical epidemiology: 6-10%, Disease prevention: 1-4%, Geriatric medicine: 2-6%, Nutrition: 3-7%, Occupational medicine: 1-4%, Substance abuse: 1-4%, and OMM/OMT: 1-4%
Internal Medicine Exam MCQs (6,682)
Our question bank for the Internal Medicine Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 348 questions
- Cardiovascular - 1698 questions
- Connective Tissue - 280 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 250 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 1035 questions
- Eyes - 170 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 1420 questions
- Genetics - 141 questions
- Genitourinary - 365 questions
- Growth and Development - 19 questions
- Gynecologic - 159 questions
- Hematologic - 608 questions
- Infectious - 1660 questions
- Integument - 570 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 719 questions
- Nervous - 1335 questions
- Nutrition - 135 questions
- Obstetric - 96 questions
- Oncologic - 699 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 323 questions
- Pulmonary - 878 questions
- Renal - 533 questions
- Surgery - 316 questions
- Toxicology - 481 questions
- Trauma, Injury, Safety, and Violence - 222 questions
- Teeth/Oral - 18 questions
- Pharmacology - 1 questions
- Thoracic - 1 questions
- Neuroanatomy - 1 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 52 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 44 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 126 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 25 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 935 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 47 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 2044 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 93 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 2701 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 8 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 11 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 6 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 7 questions
- Causes - 3437 questions
- Classification - 391 questions
- Differential - 3492 questions
- Epidemiology - 209 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 2013 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 2616 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 512 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 45 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 1162 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 1767 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 193 questions
- History Physical - 7182 questions
- Legal - 15 questions
- Pathophysiology - 3437 questions
- Patient Education - 252 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 3607 questions
- Toxicology - 343 questions
- Treatment Medical - 3649 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 35 questions
- Treatment Prehospital/EMS/Disaster - 12 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 31 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 19 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 423 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 15 questions
- Clinical Education - 43 questions
- Ventilatory Management - 1 questions
- Biostatistics - 1 questions
- Resource Utilization - 2 questions
- Vulnerable Populations - 1 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 906 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 4 questions
- Drug Information - 833 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 346 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 74 questions
Internal Medicine Exam Articles (2,981)
The heart has an electrical system that allows it to contract and pump blood through the body in a coordinated rhythm. Regular heartbeats occur whe ...
Under physiologic circumstances, calcium concentration in the extracellular fluid is maintained within a very narrow range.
Acute pharyngitis is one of the most common complaints that a physician encounters in the ambulatory care setting, accounting for approximately 12 ...
is a non-tuberculosis mycobacterium (NTM) that is readily recognized based on its characteristic photochromogenicit ...
Hypercalcemia is a serum calcium (Ca) level over two standard deviations above the average mean values. That equates to a total serum calcium ...