Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the General Surgery Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to The American Board of Surgery® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the General Surgery Exam.
We have 4,637 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 1,945 PubMed indexed review articles related to the ABSITE® General Surgery Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical General Surgeon subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test General Surgery Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls general surgery prep questions, general surgery review questions, and general surgery test questions will help you achieve a top score on the ABSITE® General Surgery Examination. 1,807 authors and 35 editors have contributed to the development of the General Surgery Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
General Surgery Exam Overview
How many hours is the General Surgery Exam?
The General Surgery Exam is hours.
How many questions is the General Surgery Exam?
The General Surgery Exam is questions.
What topics are covered on the General Surgery Exam?
General Surgery Exam MCQs (4,637)
Our question bank for the General Surgery Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 45 questions
- Cardiovascular - 677 questions
- Connective Tissue - 124 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 261 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 261 questions
- Eyes - 27 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 1899 questions
- Genetics - 46 questions
- Genitourinary - 275 questions
- Growth and Development - 56 questions
- Gynecologic - 183 questions
- Hematologic - 193 questions
- Infectious - 431 questions
- Integument - 443 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 879 questions
- Nervous - 510 questions
- Nutrition - 70 questions
- Obstetric - 54 questions
- Oncologic - 776 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 32 questions
- Pulmonary - 395 questions
- Renal - 112 questions
- Surgery - 1967 questions
- Toxicology - 90 questions
- Trauma - 1248 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 168 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 23 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 75 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 28 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 255 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 128 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 1916 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 15 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 2203 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 3 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 27 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 10 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 7 questions
- Causes - 2037 questions
- Classification - 597 questions
- Differential - 2116 questions
- Epidemiology - 94 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 845 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 821 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 381 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 37 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 841 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 1827 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 75 questions
- History Physical - 4731 questions
- Legal - 26 questions
- Pathophysiology - 1942 questions
- Patient Education - 140 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 2866 questions
- Toxicology - 67 questions
- Treatment Medical - 1412 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 15 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 53 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 38 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 17 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 2216 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 38 questions
- Clinical Education - 154 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 154 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 3 questions
- Drug Information - 156 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 83 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 14 questions
General Surgery Exam Articles (1,945)
Mohs micrographic surgery (MMS) represents a powerful technique to decrease morbidity when treating nonmelanoma skin cancers (NMSC), a highly ...
Protein S deficiency is a rare disorder, characterized by reduced activity of protein S, a plasma serine protease with complex roles in coagulation ...
Urinary diversion involves the re-routing of urinary drainage to the outside of the body - either as a temporary or permanent solution. Commonly, a ...
Spinal shock is a result of severe spinal cord injury. It usually requires high-impact, direct trauma that leads to spinal cord injury and spi ...
Umbilical vein catheterization utilizes the exposed umbilical stump in a neonate as a site for emergency central venous access up to 14 days old. U ...
Enterococci are Gram-positive facultative anaerobic cocci in short and medium chains, first discovered in 1899 in the human gastrointestinal tract. ...
The neck has several important anatomical structures which include the carotid arteries bilaterally. While the injury to the carotid artery is not ...
Pilar or Trichilemmal cysts are common dermal cysts. They occur in less than 10% of the population. Of all skin cysts, Pilar cysts are th ...
Warfarin is a vitamin K antagonist used as an anticoagulant used for treatment and prevention of a variety of coagulopathic and thromboembolic diso ...
The metacarpophalangeal (MP or MCP) joint, also known as “the knuckle,” is formed by the articulation of the metacarpal head and proxim ...
Pancreatic cancer is the fourth common cause of cancer death, and its 5-year survival rate is only about 12% despite the advancement in medical car ...
Color flow imaging is a vascular technology used to assess the vascular anatomy and flow within blood vessels. It relies on ultrasonographic techno ...
The partial pressure of carbon dioxide (PCO2) is the measure of carbon dioxide within arterial or venous blood. It often serves as a marker of suff ...
The flexor tendon repair is one of the most demanding techniques because sometimes the results are not ideal. This article reviews the configuratio ...
Toxic megacolon is a rare, but potentially deadly complication of colonic inflammation. Its definition is a nonobstructive dilation of the colon, w ...
Stefan D Holubar MD, MS, FACS, FASCRS Director of Research Cleveland Clinic American Board of Colon & Rectal Surgery Cleveland OH
Aditya Gupta MD, FACS Assistant Clinical Professor in Surgery Director of Bariatric Surgery Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Illinois at Chicago FACS Oak Park IL
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required