Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the MRCS Part A Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the Royal College of Surgeons of England® topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the MRCS Part A Exam.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 4,893 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 2,451 PubMed indexed review articles related to the MRCS Part A Exam. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical MRCS Student subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test MRCS Part A Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls MRCS review questions, MRCS prep questions, MRCS qbank, MRCS practice questions will help you achieve a top score on the MRCS Part A Exam. 2,163 authors and 23 editors have contributed to the development of the MRCS Part A Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
MRCS Part A Exam Overview
How many hours is the MRCS Part A Exam?
The MRCS Part A Exam is 5 hours.
How many questions is the MRCS Part A Exam?
The MRCS Part A Exam is 300 questions.
What topics are covered on the MRCS Part A Exam?
Topics include: Module 1: basic science knowledge relevant to surgical practice, Module 2: common surgical conditions, Module 3: basic surgical skills Module 4: the assessment and management of the surgical patient, Module 5: perioperative care of the surgical patient, Module 6: assessment and early treatment of the patient with trauma, Module 7: surgical care of the paediatric patient, Module 8: management of the dying patient, Module 9: organ and tissue transplantation, and Module 10: professional behaviour and leadership skills.
MRCS Part A Exam MCQs (4,893)
Our question bank for the MRCS Part A Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 64 questions
- Cardiovascular - 947 questions
- Connective Tissue - 127 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 361 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 382 questions
- Eyes - 87 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 1831 questions
- Genetics - 53 questions
- Genitourinary - 337 questions
- Growth and Development - 114 questions
- Gynecologic - 171 questions
- Hematologic - 218 questions
- Infectious - 494 questions
- Integument - 367 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 1305 questions
- Nervous - 907 questions
- Nutrition - 63 questions
- Obstetric - 66 questions
- Oncologic - 746 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 38 questions
- Pulmonary - 392 questions
- Renal - 151 questions
- Surgery - 1688 questions
- Toxicology - 84 questions
- Trauma - 1360 questions
- Teeth/Oral - 8 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 133 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 24 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 58 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 27 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 223 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 100 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 1955 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 13 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 2167 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 2 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 9 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 9 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 2 questions
- Causes - 2476 questions
- Classification - 785 questions
- Differential - 2175 questions
- Epidemiology - 92 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 958 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 878 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 364 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 43 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 836 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 1902 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 49 questions
- History Physical - 5290 questions
- Legal - 13 questions
- Pathophysiology - 2744 questions
- Patient Education - 137 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 2871 questions
- Toxicology - 54 questions
- Treatment Medical - 1338 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 36 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 31 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 37 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 16 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 1925 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 14 questions
- Clinical Education - 146 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 152 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 1 questions
- Drug Information - 163 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 58 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 15 questions
MRCS Part A Exam Articles (2,451)
Chest pain is a common complaint and encompasses a broad differential diagnosis that includes several life-threatening causes. A workup must focus ...
An isolated aortic arch aneurysm is an uncommon disease entity and often remains clinically silent, given its indolent growth pattern. Aneurysms of ...
Metacarpal fractures account for 40% of all hand fractures. A Boxer’s fracture is a&nbs ...
Metastatic bone cancer, also known as secondary bone cancer, is the term used to describe tumors that originate in other tissues and spread (metast ...
Upper gastrointestinal bleeding (UGIB) is a common problem with an annual incidence of approximately 80 to 150 per 100,000 population, with estimat ...