Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the General Surgery Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to The American Board of Surgery® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the General Surgery Exam.
We have 4,783 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 2,012 PubMed indexed review articles related to the ABSITE® General Surgery Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical General Surgeon subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test General Surgery Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls general surgery prep questions, general surgery review questions, and general surgery test questions will help you achieve a top score on the ABSITE® General Surgery Examination. 1,864 authors and 23 editors have contributed to the development of the General Surgery Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
General Surgery Exam Overview
How many hours is the General Surgery Exam?
The General Surgery Exam is 5 hours.
How many questions is the General Surgery Exam?
The General Surgery Exam is 250 questions.
What topics are covered on the General Surgery Exam?
Topics include: Abdomen; Alimentary Tract; Vascular; Medical Knowledge; Radiology; Outcomes and Ethics
General Surgery Exam MCQs (4,783)
Our question bank for the General Surgery Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 44 questions
- Cardiovascular - 732 questions
- Connective Tissue - 120 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 265 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 292 questions
- Eyes - 26 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 1990 questions
- Genetics - 50 questions
- Genitourinary - 283 questions
- Growth and Development - 62 questions
- Gynecologic - 190 questions
- Hematologic - 192 questions
- Infectious - 451 questions
- Integument - 477 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 889 questions
- Nervous - 521 questions
- Nutrition - 69 questions
- Obstetric - 53 questions
- Oncologic - 825 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 32 questions
- Pulmonary - 416 questions
- Renal - 120 questions
- Surgery - 2051 questions
- Toxicology - 95 questions
- Trauma - 1291 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 193 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 21 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 73 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 26 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 266 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 122 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 2037 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 14 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 2343 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 3 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 27 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 11 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 7 questions
- Causes - 2101 questions
- Classification - 606 questions
- Differential - 2276 questions
- Epidemiology - 107 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 900 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 878 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 411 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 44 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 867 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 1908 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 74 questions
- History Physical - 4908 questions
- Legal - 26 questions
- Pathophysiology - 2040 questions
- Patient Education - 152 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 3013 questions
- Toxicology - 68 questions
- Treatment Medical - 1467 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 15 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 60 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 37 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 17 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 2311 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 37 questions
- Clinical Education - 172 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 170 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 3 questions
- Drug Information - 154 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 80 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 12 questions
General Surgery Exam Articles (2,012)
The common peroneal nerve often referred to as the common fibular nerve, is a major nerve that innervates the lower extremity. It is one of the two ...
Parathyroid carcinoma is a rare, malignant neoplasm originating from the parathyroid gland. The normal weight and size of the parathyroid glands va ...
Trendelenburg sign is a physical examination finding seen when assessing for any dysfunction of the hip. A positive Trendelenburg sign usually indi ...
Acute abdomen is a condition that demands urgent attention and treatment. The acute abdomen may be caused by an infection, inflammation, vascular o ...
Stefan D Holubar MD, MS, FACS, FASCRS Director of Research Cleveland Clinic American Board of Colon & Rectal Surgery Cleveland OH
Aditya Gupta MD, FACS Assistant Clinical Professor in Surgery Director of Bariatric Surgery Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Illinois at Chicago FACS Oak Park IL
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required