Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Emergency Medicine Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the American Osteopathic Board of Emergency Medicine®; and American Board of Emergency Medicine® topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Emergency Medicine Exam.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 3,914 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 1,694 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Emergency Certification Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Board Certified Emergency Medicine Physician subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a pre- and post-test Emergency Medicine Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls emergency medicine prep questions, emergency medicine review questions, and emergency medicine test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Emergency Certification Examination. 1,595 authors and 28 editors have contributed to the development of the Emergency Medicine Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Emergency Medicine Exam Overview
How many hours is the Emergency Medicine Exam?
The Emergency Medicine Exam is 6 - 8 hours.
How many questions is the Emergency Medicine Exam?
The Emergency Medicine Exam is 300 - 325 questions.
What topics are covered on the Emergency Medicine Exam?
Topics include: AOBEM® - Abdominal and gastrointestinal disorders: 7-9%, Cardiovascular disorders: 8-10%, Cutaneous disorders: 2-4%, Endocrine, metabolic and nutritional disorders: 4-6%, Environmental disorders: 2-4%, Head, ear, eye, nose and throat disorders: 4-6%, Hematologic and immune system disorders: 3-5%, Systemic infectious disorders: 5-7%, Musculoskeletal disorders (nontraumatic): 4-6%, Nervous system disorders: 4-6%, Obstetrics and gynecology disorders: 1-4%, Psychobehavioral disorders: 3-5%, Renal and urogenital disorders: 4-6%, Thoracic respiratory disorders: 7-9%, Toxicological disorders/Clinical pharmacy: 2-4%, Traumatic disorders and disaster medicine: 10-12%, Administrative aspects of emergency medicine/EMS: 2-4%, Procedures/skills: 7-9%; and ABEM® -Medical Knowledge, Patient Care, and Procedural Skills; Signs, Symptoms and Presentations - 10%, Abdominal & Gastrointestinal Disorders - 7%, Cardiovascular Disorders - 10%, Cutaneous Disorders - 3%, Endocrine, Metabolic & Nutritional Disorders - 5%, Environmental Disorders - 2%, Head, Ear, Eye, Nose & Throat Disorders - 4%, Hematologic Disorders - 3%, Immune System Disorders - 2%, Systemic Infectious Disorders - 7%, Musculoskeletal Disorders (Non-traumatic) - 3%, Nervous System Disorders - 6%, Obstetrics and Gynecology - 3%, Psychobehavioral Disorders - 2%, Renal and Urogenital Disorders - 3%, Thoracic-Respiratory Disorders - 7%, Toxicologic Disorders - 4%, Traumatic Disorders - 9%, Procedures & Skills - 8%, Other Components - 2%, Acuity Frames: Target: Critical - 30%, Emergent - 40%, Lower Acuity - 21%, and None - 9%
Emergency Medicine Exam MCQs (3,914)
Our question bank for the Emergency Medicine Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 72 questions
- Cardiovascular - 963 questions
- Connective Tissue - 51 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 305 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 210 questions
- Eyes - 142 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 534 questions
- Genetics - 6 questions
- Genitourinary - 227 questions
- Growth and Development - 10 questions
- Gynecologic - 53 questions
- Hematologic - 150 questions
- Infectious - 960 questions
- Dermatology - 251 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 669 questions
- Nervous - 914 questions
- Nutrition - 17 questions
- Obstetric - 85 questions
- Oncologic - 48 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 145 questions
- Pulmonary - 579 questions
- Renal - 174 questions
- Surgery - 192 questions
- Toxicology - 566 questions
- Trauma - 1121 questions
- Teeth/Oral - 13 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 75 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 41 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 53 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 4 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 334 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 35 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 1110 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 53 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 1313 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 4 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 18 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 4 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 6 questions
- Causes - 1702 questions
- Classification - 269 questions
- Differential - 1974 questions
- Epidemiology - 88 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 774 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 954 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 311 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 3 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 413 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 1196 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 59 questions
- History Physical - 4080 questions
- Legal - 39 questions
- Pathophysiology - 1560 questions
- Patient Education - 67 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 1783 questions
- Toxicology - 334 questions
- Treatment Medical - 2066 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 22 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 93 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 2 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 9 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 419 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 25 questions
- Clinical Education - 68 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 283 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 3 questions
- Drug Information - 238 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 98 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 16 questions
Emergency Medicine Exam Articles (1,694)
Orbital cellulitis is an infection causing inflammation of the orbital contents posterior to the orbital septum. These contents include the periorb ...
The American Dental Association (ADA) defines dental emergencies as a collection of potentially life-threatening diagnoses requiring immediate trea ...
The cervical spine is a dynamic structure tasked with protecting nervous innervation to the entire body while also maintaining a range of motion fo ...
Modern-day medicine has been revolutionized to be personalized and specific based on individualized specific disease characteristics. Monoclonal an ...
Comprehension of the anatomy of the spinal cord and their respective functions is paramount when diagnosing and managing spinal cord infarction (SC ...