Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the NREMT® Paramedic Certification Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the NREMT® Paramedic Certification Exam.
We have 905 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 404 PubMed indexed review articles related to the National Paramedic Certification Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Paramedic subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test NREMT® Paramedic Certification Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls Paramedic test questions and answers will help you achieve a top score on the National Paramedic Certification Examination. 453 authors and 9 editors have contributed to the development of the NREMT® Paramedic Certification Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
NREMT® Paramedic Certification Exam Overview
How many hours is the NREMT® Paramedic Certification Exam?
The NREMT® Paramedic Certification Exam is 2.5 hours.
How many questions is the NREMT® Paramedic Certification Exam?
The NREMT® Paramedic Certification Exam is 80-150 questions.
What topics are covered on the NREMT® Paramedic Certification Exam?
Topics include: Airway, Respiration & Ventilation: 18-22%, Cardiology & Resuscitation: 22-26%, Trauma-13-17%, Medical; Obstetrics & Gynecology: 25-29%, and EMS Operations: 10-14%
NREMT® Paramedic Certification Exam MCQs (905)
Our question bank for the NREMT® Paramedic Certification Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 15 questions
- Cardiovascular - 256 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 59 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 22 questions
- Eyes - 4 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 16 questions
- Genetics - 1 questions
- Genitourinary - 3 questions
- Growth and Development - 1 questions
- Hematologic - 4 questions
- Infectious - 17 questions
- Integument - 34 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 88 questions
- Nervous - 119 questions
- Nutrition - 1 questions
- Obstetric - 19 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 20 questions
- Pulmonary - 196 questions
- Renal - 8 questions
- Surgery - 18 questions
- Toxicology - 89 questions
- Trauma - 517 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 109 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 35 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 67 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 6 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 63 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 29 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 385 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 16 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 467 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 73 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 9 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 7 questions
- Causes - 174 questions
- Classification - 120 questions
- Differential - 169 questions
- Epidemiology - 13 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 42 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 21 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 61 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 37 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 20 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 91 questions
- History Physical - 685 questions
- Legal - 81 questions
- Pathophysiology - 194 questions
- Patient Education - 15 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 270 questions
- Toxicology - 47 questions
- Treatment Medical - 350 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 2 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 469 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 2 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 35 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 53 questions
- Clinical Education - 9 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 28 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 2 questions
- Drug Information - 20 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 15 questions
NREMT® Paramedic Certification Exam Articles (404)
Helicopter-based emergency medical services (HEMS) evolved from rudimentary transportation-only services to advanced, critical-care capable units t ...
Catastrophic events can range from natural disasters such as Hurricane Maria which devastated Puerto Rico on September 20, 2017
The disorders of hyperthermia, also known as heat-related injury or illness, exist on a continuum, which is marked by dysregulation of th ...
Aeromedical transportation involves the use of fixed-wing (airplane) or rotor-wing (helicopter) aircraft to move patients from one location to anot ...
Pneumomediastinum is defined as air present in the mediastinum and less frequently referred to as mediastinal emphysema. The mediastinum is the spa ...
The pulmonary exam includes multiple components, including inspection, palpation, percussion, and auscultation. In this articl ...
Opioids and opiates together comprise a class of medications widely used primarily to control severe pain. The first-line drugs for mild to moderat ...
Broadly defined, the scope of practice defines the healthcare services that a pre-hospital provider is authorized to perform by virtue of professio ...
Facilitated intubation, also known as medication-facilitated intubation (MFI) or sedation-facilitated intubation, refers to intubation performed us ...
Cardiac trauma can be grouped by method of injury as either blunt or penetrating with outcomes ranging from lethal injuries to spontaneously resolv ...
Foreign body aspiration remains a significant cause of death in children for anatomic as well as developmental reasons. Choking is typically define ...
Bread wheat, also known as Triticum aestivum, is one of the commonly grown crops worldwide. ...
Nitrogen narcosis is a change in consciousness, neuromuscular function, and behavior brought on by breathing compressed inert gasses. It has also b ...
Pneumothorax is gas in the pleural space. This condition can present in one of three ways: spontaneous (primary), secondary, and traumati ...
Peripheral line placement, also referred to as peripheral intravenous (IV) cannulation, is the insertion of an indwelling single-lumen plastic cond ...
Ron Feller NRP, BSEd, MBA Professor Program Director Oklahoma City Community College Moore OK
Kyle A Cohen BS OMS I Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine Birmingham AL
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required