Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the NREMT® Basic Certification Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the NREMT® Basic Certification Exam.
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required
We have 319 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 156 PubMed indexed review articles related to the EMT Test. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical EMS EMT Basic subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test NREMT® Basic Certification Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls EMT Basic questions will help you achieve a top score on the EMT Test. 190 authors and 5 editors have contributed to the development of the NREMT® Basic Certification Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
NREMT® Basic Certification Exam Overview
How many hours is the NREMT® Basic Certification Exam?
The NREMT® Basic Certification Exam is 2 hours.
How many questions is the NREMT® Basic Certification Exam?
The NREMT® Basic Certification Exam is 70-120 questions.
What topics are covered on the NREMT® Basic Certification Exam?
Topics include: Airway, Respiration & Ventilation: 18-22%, Cardiology & Resuscitation: 20-24%, Trauma: 14-18%, Medical; Obstetrics & Gynecology: 27-31%, and EMS Operations: 10-14%
NREMT® Basic Certification Exam MCQs (319)
Our question bank for the NREMT® Basic Certification Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 5 questions
- Cardiovascular - 66 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 20 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 3 questions
- Eyes - 1 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 6 questions
- Genitourinary - 2 questions
- Infectious - 2 questions
- Integument - 6 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 36 questions
- Nervous - 43 questions
- Obstetric - 5 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 4 questions
- Pulmonary - 54 questions
- Surgery - 1 questions
- Toxicology - 17 questions
- Trauma - 223 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 69 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 15 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 42 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 6 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 14 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 9 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 181 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 2 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 224 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 55 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 1 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 1 questions
- Causes - 54 questions
- Classification - 32 questions
- Differential - 58 questions
- Epidemiology - 7 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 6 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 12 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 3 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 5 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 55 questions
- History Physical - 236 questions
- Legal - 44 questions
- Pathophysiology - 63 questions
- Patient Education - 6 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 110 questions
- Toxicology - 9 questions
- Treatment Medical - 77 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 233 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 5 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 24 questions
- Clinical Education - 4 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 8 questions
- Drug Information - 3 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 2 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 1 questions
NREMT® Basic Certification Exam Articles (156)
Autonomic dysreflexia is a condition that emerges soon after a spinal cord injury, usually when the damage has occurred at or above the T6 level. I ...
A thorough, but brief, airway assessment is essential to manage patients requiring advanced airway management. Indications for the use of  ...
Disasters can occur at any time and preparation is essential. In the 1970s a series of forest fires produced significant morbidity, mortality ...
Asthma is the most common chronic childhood disease and a frequent reason for pediatric emergency medical treatment. This article will re ...
Public safety access points (PSAP) are tasked with the responsibility of taking all emergency calls (911 in the US), triaging and prioritizing ...