Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam.
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required
We have 342 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 172 PubMed indexed review articles related to the AEMT® Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical EMT AEMT ®Intermediate subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls EMT intermediate questions will help you achieve a top score on the AEMT® Examination. 206 authors and 4 editors have contributed to the development of the NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam Overview
How many hours is the NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam?
The NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam is 2.25 hours.
How many questions is the NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam?
The NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam is 135 questions.
What topics are covered on the NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam?
Topics include: Airway, Respiration & Ventilation: 18-22%, Cardiology & Resuscitation: 21-25%, Trauma: 14-18%, Medical; Obstetrics & Gynecology: 26-30%, and EMS Operations: 11-15%
NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam MCQs (342)
Our question bank for the NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 8 questions
- Cardiovascular - 78 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 19 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 8 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 8 questions
- Genitourinary - 1 questions
- Growth and Development - 2 questions
- Hematologic - 1 questions
- Infectious - 2 questions
- Integument - 11 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 41 questions
- Nervous - 41 questions
- Nutrition - 1 questions
- Obstetric - 6 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 9 questions
- Pulmonary - 62 questions
- Renal - 2 questions
- Surgery - 1 questions
- Toxicology - 26 questions
- Trauma - 233 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 65 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 13 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 46 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 5 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 18 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 7 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 179 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 5 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 235 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 47 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 2 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 4 questions
- Causes - 55 questions
- Classification - 41 questions
- Differential - 62 questions
- Epidemiology - 9 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 5 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 4 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 16 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 1 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 2 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 56 questions
- History Physical - 259 questions
- Legal - 42 questions
- Pathophysiology - 65 questions
- Patient Education - 6 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 111 questions
- Toxicology - 14 questions
- Treatment Medical - 91 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 245 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 5 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 28 questions
- Clinical Education - 5 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 10 questions
- Drug Information - 7 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 6 questions
NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam Articles (172)
Chest injuries account for nearly one-fourth of all trauma-related mortality, second only to head and neck injuries. They often require rapid inter ...
Trauma is the leading cause of death worldwide. In the United States, trauma is the leading cause of death in young adults and accounts for ten per ...
Spinal immobilization with a backboard and cervical collar for patients with suspected spine injury became common practice in the 1960s. This decis ...
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a common co-morbidity and cause of new complaints. Rapid recognition, assessment, and treatment are ...
Emergency medical services (EMS) personnel continue to be the first-line responders in dealing with the majority out of hospital emergencies includ ...