Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam.
About the Question Bank
We have 572 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 297 PubMed indexed review articles related to the AEMT® Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical EMT AEMT ®Intermediate subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls EMT intermediate questions will help you achieve a top score on the AEMT® Examination. 334 authors and 9 editors have contributed to the development of the NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam Overview
How many hours is the NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam?
The NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam is 2.25 hours.
How many questions is the NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam?
The NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam is 135 questions.
What topics are covered on the NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam?
Topics include: Airway, Respiration & Ventilation: 18-22%, Cardiology & Resuscitation: 21-25%, Trauma: 14-18%, Medical; Obstetrics & Gynecology: 26-30%, and EMS Operations: 11-15%
NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam MCQs (572)
Our question bank for the NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 11 questions
- Cardiovascular - 152 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 46 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 13 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 11 questions
- Genitourinary - 2 questions
- Growth and Development - 1 questions
- Hematologic - 4 questions
- Infectious - 13 questions
- Integument - 22 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 63 questions
- Nervous - 74 questions
- Nutrition - 1 questions
- Obstetric - 9 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 12 questions
- Pulmonary - 123 questions
- Renal - 4 questions
- Surgery - 13 questions
- Toxicology - 46 questions
- Trauma - 372 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 91 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 27 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 59 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 8 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 34 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 17 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 261 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 8 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 334 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 59 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 9 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 7 questions
- Causes - 116 questions
- Classification - 77 questions
- Differential - 109 questions
- Epidemiology - 10 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 28 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 14 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 42 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 18 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 18 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 76 questions
- History Physical - 461 questions
- Legal - 67 questions
- Pathophysiology - 116 questions
- Patient Education - 13 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 182 questions
- Toxicology - 26 questions
- Treatment Medical - 209 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 2 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 335 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 1 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 20 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 47 questions
- Clinical Education - 8 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 20 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 2 questions
- Drug Information - 15 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 12 questions
NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam Articles (297)
Histamine toxicity or scombroid poisoning (scombrotoxism, scombroid ichthyotoxicosis, Mahi-Mahi flush) is the principal chemical agent fish food-bo ...
Choking or foreign body airway obstruction occurs when a foreign body such as food, coins, or toys partially or completely obstruct the passag ...
Medical ethics is a required element of American physicians' formal training. Familiarity with ethical principles on a basic level is ne ...
Acute respiratory failure is caused by a wide range of etiologies. Progression to cardiopulmonary arrest and ultimately death is likely in th ...
Historically, firefighting has been a hazardous profession and in response, many departments and national organizations have adopted rehabilit ...
Public safety access points (PSAP) are tasked with the responsibility of taking all emergency calls (911 in the US), triaging and prioritizing ...
Daily, emergency medical service (EMS) providers initiate care for critical patients in precarious environments. Gas and fire-related accident ...
The prehospital care report form, for most services, records demographic data (name, address, billing information), vital signs (Glasgow Coma Scale ...
The use of ultrasound (US) has been shown to reduce morbidity and mortality in critically ill emergency department patients.
Pneumothorax is the collapse of the lung when air accumulates between the parietal and visceral pleura inside the chest. The air is outside the lun ...
Bag valve mask ventilation is a skill of utmost important for emergency providers. It is not easy and requires practice to master as it will be uti ...
Digital amputation is often associated with traumatic injuries but is also seen within the elective surgery setting, such as cancer resection ...
Inter-facility transport is defined as the transport of patients between two healthcare facilities. The process is generally accomplished thro ...
The role of the emergency medical service (EMS) medical director in EMS medical oversight is multifaceted, complex, and often misunderstood. Reachi ...
Grant B Goold MPA, EdD Department Chair American River College ASCCC Citrus Heights CA
Kyle A Cohen BS OMS I Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine Birmingham AL
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required