Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Dermatology Basic Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the American Osteopathic Board of Dermatology® and American Board of Dermatology® topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Dermatology Basic Exam.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 1,292 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 405 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Dermatology Basic Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Resident Dermatologist subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a pre- and post-test Dermatology Basic Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls dermatology questions, dermatology review preparation questions, and dermatology board questions will help you achieve a top score on the Dermatology Basic Examination. 364 authors and 13 editors have contributed to the development of the Dermatology Basic Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Dermatology Basic Exam Overview
How many hours is the Dermatology Basic Exam?
The Dermatology Basic Exam is 4 hours.
How many questions is the Dermatology Basic Exam?
The Dermatology Basic Exam is 200 questions.
What topics are covered on the Dermatology Basic Exam?
Topics include: Basic Introduction to Dermatology: General Dermatology Visual Recognition, General Dermatology, Pediatric Dermatology, Surgical Dermatology, Dermatopathology, Research
Dermatology Basic Exam MCQs (1,292)
Our question bank for the Dermatology Basic Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 136 questions
- Cardiovascular - 20 questions
- Connective Tissue - 70 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 18 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 42 questions
- Eyes - 29 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 46 questions
- Genetics - 48 questions
- Genitourinary - 37 questions
- Growth and Development - 17 questions
- Gynecologic - 16 questions
- Hematologic - 23 questions
- Infectious - 271 questions
- Integument - 1395 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 67 questions
- Nervous - 48 questions
- Nutrition - 9 questions
- Obstetric - 20 questions
- Oncologic - 181 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 13 questions
- Pulmonary - 14 questions
- Renal - 17 questions
- Surgery - 34 questions
- Toxicology - 27 questions
- Trauma, Injury, Safety, and Violence - 8 questions
- Teeth/Oral - 9 questions
- Pharmacology - 1 questions
- Histology - 2 questions
- Pathology - 2 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 5 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 5 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 17 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 1 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 117 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 4 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 290 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 3 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 385 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 2 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 5 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 3 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 1 questions
- Causes - 452 questions
- Classification - 113 questions
- Differential - 841 questions
- Epidemiology - 55 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 415 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 226 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 31 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 203 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 34 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 10 questions
- History Physical - 1260 questions
- Legal - 2 questions
- Pathophysiology - 520 questions
- Patient Education - 45 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 449 questions
- Toxicology - 25 questions
- Treatment Medical - 486 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 5 questions
- Treatment Prehospital/EMS/Disaster - 1 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 5 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 1 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 83 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 1 questions
- Clinical Education - 6 questions
- Vulnerable Populations - 1 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 117 questions
- Drug Information - 108 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 43 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 5 questions
Dermatology Basic Exam Articles (405)
Herpes zoster is commonly known as shingles. It is a viral disease caused by reactivation of varicella-zoster virus which remains dormant in the se ...
The term "blue nevus" describes a group of skin lesions characterized by dermal proliferation of melanocytes presenting as blue to black nodul ...
Lipodermatosclerosis, also referred to as sclerosing panniculitis or hypodermitis sclerodermaformis, is a persistent inflammatory disorder cha ...
Tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC) is a genetic disorder that affects multiple systems. It is inherited in an autosomal dominant fashion and is chara ...
Three distinct types of longitudinal melanonychia exist, including 1. lentigo, 2. nail matrix nevus, and 3. subungual melanoma. The first two condi ...