Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Certified Surgical Technologist Examination. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Certified Surgical Technologist Examination.
We have 457 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 294 PubMed indexed review articles related to the CST® Certification Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Certified Surgical Technologist subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Certified Surgical Technologist Examination to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls CST® practice exam will help you achieve a top score on the CST® Certification Examination. 361 authors and 10 editors have contributed to the development of the Certified Surgical Technologist Examination content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Certified Surgical Technologist Examination Overview
How many hours is the Certified Surgical Technologist Examination?
The Certified Surgical Technologist Examination is 3 hours.
How many questions is the Certified Surgical Technologist Examination?
The Certified Surgical Technologist Examination is 175 questions.
What topics are covered on the Certified Surgical Technologist Examination?
Topics include: Perioperative Care; Ancillary Duties; and Basic Science
Certified Surgical Technologist Examination MCQs (457)
Our question bank for the Certified Surgical Technologist Examination covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 5 questions
- Cardiovascular - 44 questions
- Connective Tissue - 10 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 34 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 4 questions
- Eyes - 28 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 56 questions
- Genetics - 1 questions
- Genitourinary - 12 questions
- Growth and Development - 7 questions
- Gynecologic - 20 questions
- Hematologic - 12 questions
- Infectious - 78 questions
- Integument - 34 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 46 questions
- Nervous - 49 questions
- Nutrition - 1 questions
- Obstetric - 16 questions
- Oncologic - 11 questions
- Pulmonary - 19 questions
- Renal - 10 questions
- Surgery - 269 questions
- Toxicology - 6 questions
- Trauma - 29 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 7 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 60 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 12 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 5 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 24 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 14 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 58 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 123 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 2 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 8 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 2 questions
- Causes - 28 questions
- Classification - 89 questions
- Differential - 22 questions
- Epidemiology - 2 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 5 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 6 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 7 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 23 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 7 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 48 questions
- History Physical - 106 questions
- Legal - 3 questions
- Pathophysiology - 104 questions
- Patient Education - 4 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 28 questions
- Toxicology - 4 questions
- Treatment Medical - 49 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 1 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 1 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 1 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 240 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 9 questions
- Clinical Education - 11 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 9 questions
- Drug Information - 20 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 3 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 1 questions
Certified Surgical Technologist Examination Articles (294)
Inflammation is part of the innate defense mechanism of the body against infectious or non-infectious etiologies. This mechanism is non-specific an ...
The first system to develop due to the growing embryo's ever-increasing metabolic demands is the cardiovascular system. Initially, simple diffusion ...
Gallbladder disease is one of the most common procedures done in the United States with more than 1.2 million cholecystectomies done annually. ...
Transurethral resection of the prostate or TURP is a procedure where the prostate is resected from an endoscopic approach. This procedure has been ...
Strabismus is derived from a Greek word, which means “eyes looking obliquely.” Strabismus means misaligned eyes. Often strabismic eyes ...
Antiseptics are chemical agents applied to the skin to reduce the microbial count and reduce the risk of surgical site infections (SSIs). SSIs are ...
Most surgical or traumatic wounds require skin closure of some kind. Most commonly, this closure is done by suturing, as opposed to staples o ...
Preoperative antibiotic prophylaxis is defined as administering antibiotics prior to performing surgery to help decrease the risk of postopera ...
Rhinoplasty is one of the most popular surgeries worldwide. In the United States alone, more than 200.000 were performed in 2018, rendering it the ...
The cubital fossa is an area of transition between the anatomical arm and the forearm. It is located in a depression on the anterior surface of the ...
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a systemic autoimmune disease characterized by inflammatory arthritis and extra-articular involvement. RA with sy ...
Obesity in the United States (US) has become synonymous with heart disease, diabetes, and early death. Research supports the link between obesity a ...
Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is a chronic gastrointestinal disorder characterized by the regurgitation of gastric contents into the esoph ...
A face is unique to each person and is the basis of their own identity. However, the embryological origin is the same for all humans and is similar ...
Karie Tennant BSHSA, CST Program Director ECPI University CST Manassas VA
JoLane M Collins MA, Ed, CST Professor Program Director of Surgical Technology Technical College of the Lowcountry CST, FAST (Fellow of the Association of Surgical Technologists) Beaufort SC
Nicole I Lambert AS, CST Program Director Concorde Career Institute CST St. Pete Beach FL
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required