Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Certified Surgical Technologist Examination. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA®) topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Certified Surgical Technologist Examination.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 338 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 224 PubMed indexed review articles related to the CST® Certification Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Certified Surgical Technologist subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a pre- and post-test Certified Surgical Technologist Examination to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls CST® practice exam will help you achieve a top score on the CST® Certification Examination. 281 authors and 7 editors have contributed to the development of the Certified Surgical Technologist Examination content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Certified Surgical Technologist Examination Overview
How many hours is the Certified Surgical Technologist Examination?
The Certified Surgical Technologist Examination is 3 hours.
How many questions is the Certified Surgical Technologist Examination?
The Certified Surgical Technologist Examination is 175 questions.
What topics are covered on the Certified Surgical Technologist Examination?
Topics include: Perioperative Care; Ancillary Duties; and Basic Science
Certified Surgical Technologist Examination MCQs (338)
Our question bank for the Certified Surgical Technologist Examination covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 4 questions
- Cardiovascular - 30 questions
- Connective Tissue - 4 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 17 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 3 questions
- Eyes - 19 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 41 questions
- Genetics - 1 questions
- Genitourinary - 7 questions
- Growth and Development - 5 questions
- Gynecologic - 13 questions
- Hematologic - 5 questions
- Infectious - 48 questions
- Integument - 25 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 35 questions
- Nervous - 42 questions
- Obstetric - 10 questions
- Oncologic - 7 questions
- Pulmonary - 9 questions
- Renal - 9 questions
- Surgery - 216 questions
- Toxicology - 5 questions
- Trauma, Injury, Safety, and Violence - 23 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 3 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 56 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 10 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 3 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 15 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 13 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 37 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 85 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 1 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 5 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 5 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 3 questions
- Causes - 19 questions
- Classification - 64 questions
- Differential - 20 questions
- Epidemiology - 2 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 4 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 4 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 3 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 13 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 4 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 28 questions
- History Physical - 60 questions
- Legal - 3 questions
- Pathophysiology - 69 questions
- Patient Education - 3 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 21 questions
- Toxicology - 3 questions
- Treatment Medical - 37 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 1 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 2 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 188 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 6 questions
- Clinical Education - 12 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 5 questions
- Drug Information - 13 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 1 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 1 questions
Certified Surgical Technologist Examination Articles (224)
The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ located in the right upper quadrant of the abdomen. It measures approximately 7 cm to 10 cm in length&n ...
Laparoscopic cholecystectomy is a minimally invasive surgical procedure for removal of a diseased gallbladder. This technique essentially has repla ...
Nasal polyps are benign inflammatory and hyperplastic outgrowths of the sinonasal mucosa. Their most common manifestation is in patients ...
Nitrous oxide is an odorless, colorless, non-flammable gas. While nitrous oxide is not flammable, it will support combustion to the same exten ...
Peptic ulcer disease (PUD) is characterized by discontinuation in the inner lining of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract because of gastric acid secre ...