Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Certified Surgical Technologist Examination. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Certified Surgical Technologist Examination.
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required
We have 446 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 288 PubMed indexed review articles related to the CST® Certification Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Certified Surgical Technologist subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Certified Surgical Technologist Examination to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls CST® practice exam will help you achieve a top score on the CST® Certification Examination. 351 authors and 10 editors have contributed to the development of the Certified Surgical Technologist Examination content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Certified Surgical Technologist Examination Overview
How many hours is the Certified Surgical Technologist Examination?
The Certified Surgical Technologist Examination is 3 hours.
How many questions is the Certified Surgical Technologist Examination?
The Certified Surgical Technologist Examination is 175 questions.
What topics are covered on the Certified Surgical Technologist Examination?
Topics include: Perioperative Care; Ancillary Duties; and Basic Science
Certified Surgical Technologist Examination MCQs (446)
Our question bank for the Certified Surgical Technologist Examination covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 5 questions
- Cardiovascular - 44 questions
- Connective Tissue - 9 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 30 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 4 questions
- Eyes - 28 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 55 questions
- Genetics - 1 questions
- Genitourinary - 12 questions
- Growth and Development - 7 questions
- Gynecologic - 20 questions
- Hematologic - 11 questions
- Infectious - 77 questions
- Integument - 34 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 45 questions
- Nervous - 48 questions
- Obstetric - 16 questions
- Oncologic - 11 questions
- Pulmonary - 18 questions
- Renal - 10 questions
- Surgery - 268 questions
- Toxicology - 6 questions
- Trauma - 29 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 7 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 60 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 12 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 5 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 21 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 13 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 57 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 116 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 2 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 8 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 2 questions
- Causes - 24 questions
- Classification - 85 questions
- Differential - 22 questions
- Epidemiology - 2 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 5 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 7 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 8 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 21 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 7 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 49 questions
- History Physical - 98 questions
- Legal - 3 questions
- Pathophysiology - 99 questions
- Patient Education - 4 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 29 questions
- Toxicology - 4 questions
- Treatment Medical - 46 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 1 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 1 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 1 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 238 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 9 questions
- Clinical Education - 11 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 7 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 1 questions
- Drug Information - 17 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 2 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 1 questions
Certified Surgical Technologist Examination Articles (288)
Dilation and curettage (also referred to as a D&C) is one of the most common procedures performed in the United States. The procedure can ...
Cleft lip deformity is one of the most common congenital malformations. It may be isolated, or it ...
In physiology, osmosis (Greek for push) is the net movement of water across a semipermeable membrane.
Contraceptive options for individuals and couples range widely, from barrier methods to short- and long-acting reversible contraception to permanen ...
According to the National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey, there are 12 injury-related emergency department visits for every 100 persons ov ...