Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA®) topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 513 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 396 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Certified Surgical Assistant Test. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Certified Surgical First Assistant subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a pre- and post-test Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls CSFA® practice exam will help you achieve a top score on the Certified Surgical Assistant Test. 484 authors and 9 editors have contributed to the development of the Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination Overview
How many hours is the Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination?
The Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination is 3 hours.
How many questions is the Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination?
The Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination is 150 questions.
What topics are covered on the Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination?
Topics include: Periopertive Care - 43%, Ancillary Duties - 20%, and Advanced Science - 36%
Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination MCQs (513)
Our question bank for the Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 5 questions
- Cardiovascular - 93 questions
- Connective Tissue - 8 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 37 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 39 questions
- Eyes - 25 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 59 questions
- Genitourinary - 22 questions
- Growth and Development - 8 questions
- Gynecologic - 25 questions
- Hematologic - 8 questions
- Infectious - 57 questions
- Integument - 42 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 99 questions
- Nervous - 110 questions
- Obstetric - 15 questions
- Oncologic - 31 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 1 questions
- Pulmonary - 27 questions
- Renal - 10 questions
- Surgery - 323 questions
- Toxicology - 5 questions
- Trauma, Injury, Safety, and Violence - 97 questions
- Teeth/Oral - 2 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 6 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 71 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 16 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 11 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 24 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 23 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 234 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 1 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 285 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 2 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 10 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 6 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 4 questions
- Causes - 180 questions
- Classification - 51 questions
- Differential - 34 questions
- Epidemiology - 4 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 12 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 32 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 11 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 30 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 37 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 37 questions
- History Physical - 283 questions
- Legal - 6 questions
- Pathophysiology - 228 questions
- Patient Education - 6 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 114 questions
- Toxicology - 4 questions
- Treatment Medical - 65 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 3 questions
- Treatment Prehospital/EMS/Disaster - 4 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 1 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 3 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 285 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 9 questions
- Clinical Education - 16 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 10 questions
- Drug Information - 22 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 2 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 1 questions
Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination Articles (396)
According to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), protected health information (PHI) is any health information that can ...
The mechanisms our bodies utilize to heal wounds are relatively well understood and involves complex interactions between inflammatory mediators an ...
In 1893, Wilhelm His Jr. discovered the physical link that electrically bridges the atria and ventricles of the heart.
Aldosterone is a mineralocorticoid hormone produced in the zona glomerulosa of the adrenal cortex that influences water and salt regulation in the ...
The angle of Louis is the eponymous name given to the sternal angle which is the palpable anatomical feature formed from the manubriosternal juncti ...