Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination.
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required
We have 673 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 527 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Certified Surgical Assistant Test. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Certified Surgical First Assistant subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls CSFA® practice exam will help you achieve a top score on the Certified Surgical Assistant Test. 613 authors and 13 editors have contributed to the development of the Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination Overview
How many hours is the Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination?
The Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination is 3 hours.
How many questions is the Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination?
The Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination is 150 questions.
What topics are covered on the Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination?
Topics include: Periopertive Care - 43%, Ancillary Duties - 20%, and Advanced Science - 36%
Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination MCQs (673)
Our question bank for the Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 6 questions
- Cardiovascular - 145 questions
- Connective Tissue - 15 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 62 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 56 questions
- Eyes - 38 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 81 questions
- Genitourinary - 26 questions
- Growth and Development - 11 questions
- Gynecologic - 44 questions
- Hematologic - 14 questions
- Infectious - 78 questions
- Integument - 42 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 157 questions
- Nervous - 159 questions
- Nutrition - 1 questions
- Obstetric - 23 questions
- Oncologic - 46 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 2 questions
- Pulmonary - 37 questions
- Renal - 14 questions
- Surgery - 370 questions
- Toxicology - 7 questions
- Trauma - 146 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 8 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 57 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 18 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 10 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 32 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 18 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 355 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 2 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 414 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 2 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 9 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 2 questions
- Causes - 307 questions
- Classification - 69 questions
- Differential - 44 questions
- Epidemiology - 3 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 15 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 52 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 20 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 45 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 66 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 48 questions
- History Physical - 445 questions
- Legal - 4 questions
- Pathophysiology - 388 questions
- Patient Education - 7 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 176 questions
- Toxicology - 7 questions
- Treatment Medical - 69 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 1 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 5 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 1 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 1 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 327 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 11 questions
- Clinical Education - 8 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 11 questions
- Drug Information - 28 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 3 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 1 questions
Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination Articles (527)
Bile is a unique alkaline secretion of the body. It is secreted from the hepatocytes and is further altered and refined by the epithelial cells lin ...
Prolactin is a polypeptide hormone that is responsible for lactation, breast development, and hundreds of other actions needed to maintain homeosta ...
Emissary veins are valveless venous structures that connect the extracranial vessels of the scalp to the intracranial dural venous sinuses and dipl ...
The submandibular triangle is an important anatomic landmark located underneath the body of the mandible. The majority of the anatomic space bounde ...
The axillary artery is a blood vessel that provides the axilla, the lateral portion of the thorax, and the upper limb with oxygenated blood. It con ...