Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA®) topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 487 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 418 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Certified Surgical Assistant Test. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Certified Surgical First Assistant subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls CSFA® practice exam will help you achieve a top score on the Certified Surgical Assistant Test. 503 authors and 9 editors have contributed to the development of the Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination Overview
How many hours is the Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination?
The Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination is 3 hours.
How many questions is the Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination?
The Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination is 150 questions.
What topics are covered on the Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination?
Topics include: Periopertive Care - 43%, Ancillary Duties - 20%, and Advanced Science - 36%
Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination MCQs (487)
Our question bank for the Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 3 questions
- Cardiovascular - 97 questions
- Connective Tissue - 8 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 40 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 42 questions
- Eyes - 29 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 60 questions
- Genitourinary - 21 questions
- Growth and Development - 9 questions
- Gynecologic - 27 questions
- Hematologic - 9 questions
- Infectious - 60 questions
- Integument - 29 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 106 questions
- Nervous - 122 questions
- Nutrition - 1 questions
- Obstetric - 17 questions
- Oncologic - 34 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 3 questions
- Pulmonary - 29 questions
- Renal - 9 questions
- Surgery - 291 questions
- Toxicology - 7 questions
- Trauma - 102 questions
- Teeth/Oral - 2 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 5 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 49 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 16 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 9 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 24 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 15 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 251 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 1 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 304 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 2 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 6 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 2 questions
- Causes - 204 questions
- Classification - 53 questions
- Differential - 35 questions
- Epidemiology - 4 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 12 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 37 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 13 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 36 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 41 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 41 questions
- History Physical - 305 questions
- Legal - 5 questions
- Pathophysiology - 262 questions
- Patient Education - 6 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 126 questions
- Toxicology - 6 questions
- Treatment Medical - 62 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 1 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 4 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 1 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 1 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 258 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 9 questions
- Clinical Education - 14 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 9 questions
- Drug Information - 23 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 2 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 1 questions
Surgical First Assistant Certification Examination Articles (418)
Dacryocystitis is characterized as an inflammatory state of the nasolacrimal sac. It is typically caused by an obstruction within the nasolacrimal ...
Glaucoma is a set of ocular disorders often defined by increased intraocular pressures leading to optic neuropathy and vision loss if untreated.
The axillary artery is the principal arterial supply of the upper limb, commencing as a continuation of the subclavian artery as it emerges from un ...
The purpose of this article is to give an introduction of the gastrointestinal system, provide an outline of basic embryology, summarize the embryo ...
Breast reconstruction with a transverse rectus abdominis myocutaneous flap is a specific type of breast construction that allows women a delay ...