Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Certified Anesthesiology Assistant Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to The National Commission for Certification of Anesthesiologists Assistants® (NCCAA) content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Certified Anesthesiology Assistant Exam.
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required
We have 935 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 505 PubMed indexed review articles related to the CCA® Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Certified Anesthesiology Assistant subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Certified Anesthesiology Assistant Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls Certified Anesthesiology Assistant practice questions will help you achieve a top score on the CCA® Examination. 573 authors and 10 editors have contributed to the development of the Certified Anesthesiology Assistant Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Certified Anesthesiology Assistant Exam Overview
How many hours is the Certified Anesthesiology Assistant Exam?
The Certified Anesthesiology Assistant Exam is 3 hours.
How many questions is the Certified Anesthesiology Assistant Exam?
The Certified Anesthesiology Assistant Exam is 200 questions.
What topics are covered on the Certified Anesthesiology Assistant Exam?
Topics include: Principles, Cardiovascular, Hematology, Instrumentation, Monitory, Anesthetic Delivery Systems, Endocrine, Neurology, Pediatrics, Pharmacology, Regional Anesthesia, and Pain Management, Renal, Genital, Urologic, GI, and Clinical Subspecialties
Certified Anesthesiology Assistant Exam MCQs (935)
Our question bank for the Certified Anesthesiology Assistant Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 15 questions
- Cardiovascular - 175 questions
- Connective Tissue - 7 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 88 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 45 questions
- Eyes - 28 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 90 questions
- Genetics - 4 questions
- Genitourinary - 25 questions
- Growth and Development - 6 questions
- Gynecologic - 12 questions
- Hematologic - 40 questions
- Infectious - 29 questions
- Integument - 23 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 160 questions
- Nervous - 399 questions
- Nutrition - 7 questions
- Obstetric - 45 questions
- Oncologic - 30 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 14 questions
- Pulmonary - 330 questions
- Renal - 18 questions
- Surgery - 491 questions
- Toxicology - 76 questions
- Trauma - 118 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 33 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 9 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 11 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 4 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 204 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 38 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 316 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 4 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 472 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 1 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 2 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 2 questions
- Causes - 367 questions
- Classification - 130 questions
- Differential - 214 questions
- Epidemiology - 12 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 85 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 71 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 202 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 141 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 98 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 8 questions
- History Physical - 927 questions
- Legal - 2 questions
- Pathophysiology - 385 questions
- Patient Education - 8 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 601 questions
- Toxicology - 53 questions
- Treatment Medical - 743 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 2 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 6 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 1 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 2 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 436 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 3 questions
- Clinical Education - 50 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 140 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 9 questions
- Drug Information - 126 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 65 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 17 questions
Certified Anesthesiology Assistant Exam Articles (505)
In 1963, the American Society of Anesthesiologists instituted a system to assess a patient's physical health status and clinical risk during anesth ...
Opioids have had a wide range of uses in medicine throughout history. However, their use has recently fallen under increasing scrutiny due to the o ...
The lumbosacral plexus (L1 to S4 nerve roots) innervates the lower extremity. Unlike the brachial plexus in the upper extremity, the lumbosacral pl ...
As per the Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN) registry, the total number of people on the waitlist is 107,485 (as of 5/19/2021). ...
Spirometry is one of the most readily available and useful tests for pulmonary function. It measures the volume of air exhaled at specific time poi ...