Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Basic Anesthesiology Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the American Board of Anesthesiology®; and American Osteopathic Board of Anesthesia® topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Basic Anesthesiology Exam.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 1,411 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 655 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Basic Anesthesiology Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Anesthesiology Resident subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Basic Anesthesiology Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls anesthesiology basic prep questions, anesthesiology basic review questions, and basic anesthesiology test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Basic Anesthesiology Examination. 718 authors and 15 editors have contributed to the development of the Basic Anesthesiology Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Basic Anesthesiology Exam Overview
How many hours is the Basic Anesthesiology Exam?
The Basic Anesthesiology Exam is 4 hours.
How many questions is the Basic Anesthesiology Exam?
The Basic Anesthesiology Exam is 200 questions.
What topics are covered on the Basic Anesthesiology Exam?
Topics include: Basic Sciences - 12%, Clinical Sciences - 17%, Oran-Based Basic & Clinical Sciences - 19%, and Special Problems or Issues in Anesthesiology - 2%
Basic Anesthesiology Exam MCQs (1,411)
Our question bank for the Basic Anesthesiology Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 26 questions
- Cardiovascular - 283 questions
- Connective Tissue - 9 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 144 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 63 questions
- Eyes - 43 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 125 questions
- Genetics - 8 questions
- Genitourinary - 42 questions
- Growth and Development - 11 questions
- Gynecologic - 19 questions
- Hematologic - 52 questions
- Infectious - 47 questions
- Integument - 27 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 248 questions
- Nervous - 614 questions
- Nutrition - 8 questions
- Obstetric - 70 questions
- Oncologic - 43 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 31 questions
- Pulmonary - 462 questions
- Renal - 25 questions
- Surgery - 715 questions
- Toxicology - 133 questions
- Trauma - 194 questions
- Teeth/Oral - 3 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 56 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 9 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 13 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 2 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 265 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 50 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 492 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 2 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 718 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 4 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 3 questions
- Causes - 602 questions
- Classification - 167 questions
- Differential - 398 questions
- Epidemiology - 13 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 138 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 127 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 317 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 215 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 174 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 10 questions
- History Physical - 1407 questions
- Legal - 5 questions
- Pathophysiology - 619 questions
- Patient Education - 13 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 959 questions
- Toxicology - 85 questions
- Treatment Medical - 1080 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 2 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 8 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 1 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 5 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 651 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 2 questions
- Clinical Education - 70 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 200 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 7 questions
- Drug Information - 186 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 93 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 22 questions
Basic Anesthesiology Exam Articles (655)
Opioid analgesia is indicated for the management of pain in patients where an opioid analgesic is appropriate. What, exactly, the term appropriate& ...
Aminocaproic acid has received approval from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the therapeutic management of acute hemorrhages c ...
Inverse ratio ventilation (IRV) is an alternative strategy for mechanical ventilation that reverses the classical inspiratory/expiratory scheme. Th ...
Asthma is becoming a more prevalent disease since the early 1990s. From 1982 to 1992, the rate of asthma jumped from 34.7 to 49.4 per thousand ...
Facial rejuvenation techniques have increased in number and complexity over the past several decades, with demand for these procedures steadily inc ...