Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Basic Anesthesiology Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the American Board of Anesthesiology®; and American Osteopathic Board of Anesthesia® topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Basic Anesthesiology Exam.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 1,352 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 630 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Basic Anesthesiology Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Anesthesiology Resident subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a pre- and post-test Basic Anesthesiology Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls anesthesiology basic prep questions, anesthesiology basic review questions, and basic anesthesiology test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Basic Anesthesiology Examination. 704 authors and 17 editors have contributed to the development of the Basic Anesthesiology Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Basic Anesthesiology Exam Overview
How many hours is the Basic Anesthesiology Exam?
The Basic Anesthesiology Exam is 4 hours.
How many questions is the Basic Anesthesiology Exam?
The Basic Anesthesiology Exam is 200 questions.
What topics are covered on the Basic Anesthesiology Exam?
Topics include: Basic Sciences - 12%, Clinical Sciences - 17%, Oran-Based Basic & Clinical Sciences - 19%, and Special Problems or Issues in Anesthesiology - 2%
Basic Anesthesiology Exam MCQs (1,352)
Our question bank for the Basic Anesthesiology Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 28 questions
- Cardiovascular - 267 questions
- Connective Tissue - 9 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 127 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 68 questions
- Eyes - 40 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 128 questions
- Genetics - 8 questions
- Genitourinary - 43 questions
- Growth and Development - 10 questions
- Gynecologic - 18 questions
- Hematologic - 52 questions
- Infectious - 42 questions
- Integument - 23 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 239 questions
- Nervous - 581 questions
- Nutrition - 7 questions
- Obstetric - 64 questions
- Oncologic - 36 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 36 questions
- Pulmonary - 427 questions
- Renal - 26 questions
- Surgery - 698 questions
- Toxicology - 131 questions
- Trauma, Injury, Safety, and Violence - 183 questions
- Teeth/Oral - 3 questions
- Pharmacology - 1 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 49 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 10 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 10 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 3 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 268 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 47 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 460 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 1 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 688 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 3 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 3 questions
- Causes - 561 questions
- Classification - 154 questions
- Differential - 369 questions
- Epidemiology - 10 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 123 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 122 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 298 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 196 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 157 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 7 questions
- History Physical - 1345 questions
- Legal - 5 questions
- Pathophysiology - 575 questions
- Patient Education - 13 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 894 questions
- Toxicology - 83 questions
- Treatment Medical - 1048 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 2 questions
- Treatment Prehospital/EMS/Disaster - 8 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 4 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 604 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 2 questions
- Clinical Education - 60 questions
- Pain Management - 1 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 194 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 7 questions
- Drug Information - 189 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 84 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 18 questions
Basic Anesthesiology Exam Articles (630)
The primary survey is designed to assess and treat any life-threatening injuries quickly. It should be completed very rapidly. The main causes of d ...
The FDA-approved indications for desflurane are induction or maintenance of anesthesia in adults. It may also be used to maintain anesthesia in ped ...
Regenerative medicine has been in existence for many decades, and many therapies have received Food and Drug Administration [FDA] approval for woun ...
The oculocardiac reflex (OCR), also known as the Aschner reflex or trigeminovagal reflex (TVR), was first described in 1908 as a reduction in heart ...
Peptic ulcer disease is defined as an insult to the mucosa of the upper digestive tract resulting in ulceration that extends beyond the mucosa and ...